Reporting & Data Analysis (RDAN)
Preparatory work has been undertaken by a small group, led by Jackie Hoyle (Student Administration). The focus is upon analysing the current reporting provision and investigating the options for reporting. This work is being informed through a series of meetings with key stakeholders across Oxford alongside an initial investigation into the variety of appropriate tools available and discussions with other universities.
The Workstream Implementation Group (WIG), reviewed the findings of this preparatory work and has recommended to the Student Systems Management Group that a more detailed evaluation of the Microsoft Reporting Services solution, including its integration with SITS:Vision, is undertaken during Trinity Term with the aim of agreeing a final solution in early July.
Focussing on specific areas of student administration and related systems functionality: Day-to-day reporting (e.g. lists of students); management information (e.g. trend analysis of applicant demographics); statutory reporting (e.g. for the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)).
The workstream chair is Jackie Hoyle.
The workstream strategy document describes the work of this workstream in more detail, it is available on the RDAN sharepoint site.
For a progress update on this workstream, please see the Student Systems Programme news on Sharepoint.
The full membership of the Reporting and Data Analysis (RDAN), workstream is as follows:
Jackie Hoyle (Chair), Head of Academic Data Management, Academic Data Management
Katy Holmes (Implementation Lead), Senior Analyst, Academic Data Management
Doschmund Kwaitkowski (Project Manager), Student Systems Programme
- Gary Bowers, Data Analyst, Student Data Management
- Rachel Breward, Assistant Academic Administrator, Oriel College
- Mike Eeley, Data Analyst, Graduate Admissions
- Jo Gay, Senior Planning Officer, PRAS
- Nigel Berry, Senior Assistant Registrar (Academic), MPLS
- Lynne Hirsch, Senior Assistant Registrar, Humanities
- Richard Hughes, Education Policy & Support
- Ewan Kilgour, Senior Analyst Programmer, Business Services & Projects
- Janet Leatherby, Manager of Public Programmes, Continuing Education
- Anne Mullen, Senior Tutor, St Anne’s
- Jane Dale, Senior Assistant Registrar (Education), Medical Sciences
- Representative TBC, Equality and Diversity Unit
- Verity Pavitt, Academic Officer, University College
- Patricia Rice, Deputy Head of Department; Research Fellow and Strategy Officer, Department of Economics
- Catherine Whalley, Senior Assistant Registrar and STFF implementation lead, Student Systems Programme
- Deb Sanders, Business Analyst, Student Systems Programme
- Jane Smewing, Implementation lead, Student Systems Programme
- Dr Adrian Taylor, Director of Studies, Department of Materials
- Iris Geens, Graduate Studies Administrator, Humanities
Andy Garlick, Assistant Registrar (Graduates), Social Sciences