Dispensations are requests to Education Committee for the normal limits and rules set out in the Examination Regulations to be set aside for individual students, generally due to extenuating circumstances.

Education Committee’s powers in this respect are set out in Council Regulations.

Further guidance on dispensations is available below.

A dispensations application form is available to download below. Please e-mail dispensation requests to edcapplications@admin.ox.ac.uk using this form.

Specific guidance on the procedure when students need to sit examinations under a previous set of regulations (due to suspension) is also available below.

Dispensations Guidance (167kb)

Dispensations Application Form (33kb)

New procedure for sitting examinations under old regulations (88kb)