Race Equality Scheme
The University’s original Race Equality Action Plan (2003) summarised how the University was meeting its obligations under the law and was judged an exemplar of best practice by HEFCE.
The University has a separate Race Equality Policy which sets out the detailed policies in the areas required by the Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000.
Progress against the Race Equality Policy Action Plan is published annually in the Race Equality Report.
- Race Equality Scheme: Fourth Annual Progress Report (2010-2011) (184kb)
- Race Equality Scheme Report 2009 - 2010 (107kb)
- Race Equality Scheme Report 2008 - 2009 (81kb)
- Race Equality Scheme Report 2007 - 2008 (73kb)
- Race Equality Report 2004 - 2006 (163kb)
- Race Equality Report 2003 - 2004 (457kb)
Race Equality Steering Group and Working Groups
Following formal approval of the race equality structures, by Personnel Committee, both the steering and working groups will provide focus to support race equality by means of further developing the race equality agenda. The groups will lead the University forward, due to input from a wide range of expertise from the groups members. Both groups will work with the collegiate University. Please see document attached below for group members, structure and minutes of the inaugural meetings.
- Terms of Reference for the Race Equality Steering Group (49kb)
- Race Equality Steering Group Digest 1 February 2011 (31kb)
Race Equality Consultation
The Equality and Diversity Unit recently undertook a project to review and refresh the agenda for Race Equality. Phase one of the consultation was a survey and all members of the University community were invited to contribute. A summary of the results are published below.
- Race Equality Survey 2008-2009 Summary of results (51kb)
- Frequently Asked Questions arising from RE Consultation Survey (126kb)
The next phase of consultation involved one to one interviews and focus groups, the report is published below.