Estates Services – part of University Administration Services – is responsible for managing the University of Oxford’s estate within Oxfordshire: 235 buildings used for teaching, research and administration and another 140 commercially managed properties including offices and land.
We have a diverse remit:
- Development of the University’s Estate Strategy 2013 - 18
- Management of all new building projects
- Refurbishment, repairs and maintenance of buildings, infrastructure (except IT and telecoms) and green spaces
- Facilities Management for a growing number of University buildings
- Management and allocation of buildings and spaces within the University and maintenance of all property records
- Management of the University's commercial, agricultural and residential land and property assets
- Care of the University Parks and Wytham Woods
- Accommodation for graduate students
- Reduction of the University’s environmental impact
- Maintenance of a safe and secure physical environment for staff, students and visitors
Our work does not include the University’s colleges, which manage their own buildings and facilities.