Annexe B – Car Parking Permits Conditions of Use
From 1 January 2000 and until further notice, the following conditions apply to all drivers of vehicles parked in the University Parking Areas, and any other areas designated from time to time by the Buildings and Estates Sub-Committee.
- Parking is only permitted in designated parking spaces. The permit issued to you gives permission to park one vehicle listed on the permit but implies no undertaking that a space will be available.
- Permits are normally valid for the parking year which runs from 1 October to 30 September.
Applications for replacement permits must be made to the Departmental Administrator or Secretary before the end of the current year in accordance with instructions issued by the University Security Services.
- Any change of registration number must be notified to the Departmental Administrator or Secretary, who should notify the University Security Services.
- Only one permit per authorised holder will be issued. Permit holders wishing to use more than one vehicle must inform the Departmental Administrator or Secretary and must have the registration numbers of the vehicles entered on the permit. The permits should be kept in a transparent plastic holder or envelope and displayed so that the registration number is clearly visible through the windscreen of the vehicle in use.
- Permits should be displayed in a manner that does not obstruct the driver's view of the road.
- All vehicles are parked at the owner's risk.
- The fees chargeable for the release of a wheel clamp are set by the Building and Estates Sub-Committee and may be altered from time to time. The current fees are listed below.
|8.||Vehicles parked in the University Parking Areas and not displaying a valid permit will be treated as trespassing and will be liable to be clamped.||The fee for the release of the clamp is £40 or £1.50 for each hour after the clamp was applied, whichever is the greater.|
|9.||Vehicles parked on double yellow lines will be liable to be clamped.||The fee for the release of the clamp is £40 or £1.50 for each hour after the clamp was applied, whichever is the greater.|
|10.||Vehicles parked on pavements or on grassed areas without the express permission of University Security Services will be liable to be clamped.||The fee for the release of the clamp is £40 or £1.50 for each hour after the clamp was applied, whichever is the greater.|
|11.||Vehicles parked in fire lanes designated by broad yellow lines or obstructing emergency exits marked with a sign or yellow cross hatching will be liable to be towed away to a designated space in the Science Area between the Clarendon Laboratory and the Department of Earth Sciences, and will then be clamped.||The fee for the release of a vehicle that has been towed away is £100 and the storage charge is £10 per day.|
12. Permits may be withdrawn at the discretion of the University Marshal.
13. These conditions may be varied from time to time at the discretion of the Building and Estates Sub-Committee.