REGULATIONS ON THE NUMBER AND LENGTH OF TERMS
To search within this page: Press CTRL + F (PC) or APPLE + F (Mac)
Made by Council on 8 May 2002
- 1. The academic year shall be divided into three terms and three vacations.
- (1) The first, or Michaelmas, Term shall begin on and include 1 October and end on and include 17 December.
- (2) The second, or Hilary, Term shall begin on and include 7 January and end on and include 25 March or the Saturday before Palm Sunday, whichever is the earlier.
- (3) The third, or Trinity, Term shall begin on and include 20 April or the Wednesday after Easter, whichever is the later, and end on and include 6 July.
- (1) In each term there shall be prescribed by Council a period of eight weeks to be known as Full Term, beginning on a Sunday, within which lectures and other instruction prescribed by statute or regulation shall be given.
- (2) The dates on which each Full Term will begin and end in the next academic year but one shall be published by the Registrar in the University Gazette during Hilary Term.