POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN STRATEGY AND INNOVATION (PART-TIME)
To search within this page: Press CTRL + F (PC) or APPLE + F (Mac)
For candidates admitted after 1 October 2009; candidates admitted before this date will be examined according to the regulations in the Examination Regulations 2008
- 1. The Executive Committee of the Saïd Business School shall have the power to grant Postgraduate Diplomas in Strategy and Innovation to candidates who have satisfied the conditions prescribed in this section and any further conditions which the Committee may prescribe by regulation.
- 2. The examination for the Postgraduate Diploma shall be under the supervision of the Executive Committee of the Saïd Business School which shall have power, subject to the approval of the Social Sciences Divisional Board, to make regulations governing the examination.
- 3. Candidates may be admitted as students for the Postgraduate Diploma under such conditions as the Committee shall prescribe, provided that before admission candidates shall have satisfied the Committee that they have appropriate educational experience acceptable to the Committee, have relevant professional experience, and are well equipped to enter the proposed course of study.
- 4. Any person who has been accepted as a candidate for the Postgraduate Diploma, and who has satisfactorily pursued the course prescribed by the Committee, may be admitted to the examination.
1. Candidates must follow a course of instruction in Strategy and Innovation either for at least twelve months and not more than fourteen months, or for at least twenty-four months and not more than twenty-six months. Candidates must complete:
(a) four courses, and satisfy the examiners in the assessment associated with each course. The four courses are:
- Innovation Strategy
- Globalisation and Strategy
- Strategy in Action
- (b) Courses may be assessed by one or more of the following: written examinations, individual assignments, and group assignments, subject to the constraint that at least 50 per cent of marks in any course must be assigned to individual work.
- (c) a project report not exceeding 10,000 words on a topic agreed by the examiners. Three typewritten/word processed copies of the project report must be submitted to the Chairman of Examiners for the Postgraduate Diploma in Strategy and Innovation, c/o Saïd Business School, Park End Street, Oxford, not later than 12 noon on the date stipulated in the year in which the written examination is taken. The submission date will be published by the Course Director before the first Monday of the first term in which students commence the course. All material submitted for the project report shall be accompanied by a statement signed by the candidate indicating that it is the candidate’s own work.
- (a) four courses, and satisfy the examiners in the assessment associated with each course. The four courses are:
- 2. Candidates may be examined viva voce on one or more of the written examinations, assignments, and the project report.
- 3. The examiners may award a distinction for excellence in the whole examination.
- 4. Candidates who fail an examination may be re-examined on not more than one occasion which shall normally be within one year of their initial failure.