How to arrange insurance - Clubs and Societies

The following procedure should be followed by students, registered clubs and societies when planning a club or society trip and applying for University travel insurance. Please contact the University Insurance Team if you have any queries.

  1. Plan the trip in accordance with University's Sports Safety guidelines
  2. Check the country advice on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website
  3. Prepare a risk assessment and send it to the Health and Safety Officer for approval
  4. Once the risk assessment is approved and signed, make your bookings
  5. Each member requiring University travel insurance must complete a Travel Insurance Application Form (April 2018) (67kb)
  6. Send your risk assessment and Travel Insurance Application Forms to the University Insurance Team, together with one Club cheque for the total premium payable (£18 per insured person) payable to "Oxford Mutual Ltd"
  7. In the right hand Menu print and distribute one copy of the documents ' and 'Confirmation and Summary of cover' before travelling

Note: Travellers to countries within the EU are strongly advised to obtain the EH1C card for reciprocal healthcare arrangements. This card is valid for 5 years from receipt, and travellers are encouraged to check that their EH1C card covers their inclusive travel dates.