The University Purchasing Department promotes purchasing professionalism to support the University in delivering world-class teaching and research activities.
Prof Kim Nasmyth, Biochemistry.
By involving Purchasing in the early stages of negotiations we made a large saving.
These procedures assist staff in making a purchase in a manner which:
- Achieves value for money;
- Is ethical, transparent and pays due regard to environmental issues;
- Leaves an audit trail that meets the requirements of our external funding bodies and auditors.
The University Purchasing Department's services are available to everyone within the University and include:
- Negotiation of preferred supplier agreements that offer best value for money;
- Negotiation of "one-off" and repeat purchases;
- Information regarding the tender process and procedures;
- The provision of a purchasing system.