Managing Sales of Goods & Services: Process Summary
Receive purchase order
- Purchase Orders should be recorded and where appropriate checked against any contractual agreement.
- Purchase Orders received from another University of Oxford department should be managed as per the Internal Trade process.
- Wherever possible payment in advance is encouraged.
- Search on Oracle Financials to see if the order is from an existing customer.
- Send order acknowledgment to customer.
- Supply goods/services, retaining evidence as required for goods sent overseas.
- Raise, check and send out the Sales Invoice.
New customer set-up (if required)
- Send out the Standard Conditions of Sale and Supply (46kb)
- Complete and submit the AR Customer Set-up form.
- AR will review the form and set up the new customer, carrying out credit checks as appropriate.
- Run Aged Debtors Report monthly to track customer debts.
- AR Team will liaise with the customer/department as needed to follow up any debt.
- If required, departments can send a copy Invoice to the customer.
- Where an Invoice is found to be incorrect a Credit Note may need to be raised.
- Where appropriate the AR Team will write off debts.
Process order payment
Payments should be handled as appropriate:
Reconcile sales income
- Departments with card terminals must reconcile transactions daily.
- Cashier carry out bank statement checks.
- Departmental checks must be carried out regularly.
- AR Team carry out daily reconciliations.
- Payment/Invoice queries should be managed as appropriate.