How to pay for your accommodation

The payment options are as follows

Payment Options

1. University Online Shop

With a debit/credit card (no charge) through the University Online Shop  Click on Product Catalogue, Asset and Space Management, and then select ‘Payment for an offer of Accommodation’. You will be asked to create an account – please remember the details as you can use this method to pay utility bills in the future. You will be asked for a reference which you will be able to find at the top of your offer letter. 

2. Bank Transfer

By Bank Transfer for which there may be a charge by your bank.  When making a bank transfer please include your name and offer reference (for example SMITH 01CMCC123).  

The University’s bank account details are as follows:


P.O. BOX 333,


Account No: 50549355

Sort Code:20-65-20

Swift Code:BARCGB22

IBAN (International Bank Account Number):  GB 10BARC 2065 2050 5493 55

3. Telephone

By telephone with a credit/debit card by calling the Graduate Accommodation Office on 01865 280811.  We will require the following information:

  • Type of card (cards accepted: Delta, Electron, JCB, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Pintrain, Solo, Fortoak, and Switch)
  • Card number
  • Expiry date
  • Start date
  • Card issue number
  • Security code (last three digits on the signature strip on the back of the card)
  • The address including postal code of the cardholder

Payment over the telephone is the most suitable method if a third party is making the payment on your behalf.


If you are being awarded a scholarship and you are unable to pay the opening account in order to reserve your accommodation, please provide confirmation, in writing or by email, from the College or awarder of the grant that the grant funds have been awarded to you. The Graduate Accommodation Office will amend your tenancy agreement to reflect the late payment of the deposit and opening balance, which should be made by the end of Week 2 of Michaelmas Term, when all scholarships should have been awarded.  Once you have received your scholarship funds you will need to pay the opening balance and any rent due in the normal way.

PGCE students

If you are studying for a PGCE you will need to have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service), medical and other clearance checks, which can take several weeks to come through. This means that you may not receive your six digit student services identification number or College allocation until after term has started. 

In order for you to proceed with your enrolment at Oxford University, you will be given a temporary student contract. You will need to send this to the Graduate Accommodation Office, via email, by post or in person, so that you can proceed with securing your accommodation. 

The tenancy agreement will note that you are awaiting the result of background checks before being formally registered as a student.  Please notify the Graduate Accommodation Office of the results of your background checks as soon as you receive them. If you do not successfully clear the background checks, the University has the right to terminate the tenancy within two weeks of receiving this notification.