Agents/Landlords can register on University of Oxford Studentpad to advertise student accommodation, houses, flats, lodgings and properties available within the Oxford area. 

Once registered, you can start advertising property(ies) on the Student pad website.  Please note that you will need to create this advert using the online system.

Before using the Student Pad website, we ask that the landlord/householder accepts these important precepts:

  • that all members of the University are accepted and treated without discrimination in respect of colour, race, religion or nationality
  • that the accommodation offered is safe and clean and appropriately furnished and the administration of the tenancy is carried out efficiently.
  • that no extra charges, apart from rent and deposit, are made, and that no letting agents are involved unless any charges they make are paid for by the landlord.
  • It is the landlord’s responsibility to make sure that all the certificates mentioned below are up to date in compliance with the law.


There is a one-off charge of £30 to be registered on the website. 

The cost of advertising is £20 per advert for any 28-day period.

Please visit the University Online Store to make the payment/s.  You will need to register for an account for the online store.  Please note: After the payment is received by the Accommodation Office, the advert will go live as soon as possible during normal working hours.

Advertising your property

Once you have created your advert using the Online Shop, this will need to be vetted by Accommodation Office staff before it is made live. 

  •  Staff will vet the advert to ensure to the best of their knowledge that:
  • Payment has been received for the advert via the Online Shop
  • The content of the advert is appropriate and does not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, and does not contravene any other of Student Pad’s advertising terms and conditions laid out here
  • Where heating or hot water is present in the property, that a current Landlords Gas Safety Certificate has been uploaded with the advert
  • An HMO reference number has been provided where applicable
  • An Energy Performance Certificate is provided where applicable

It is the landlord’s responsibility to make sure that all the certificates mentioned below are up to date in compliance with the law.  More information about your obligations as a landlord can be found on Oxford City Council’s website.

  • It is a legal requirement that the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 are followed, and you are required to upload a photocopy of your Landlords Gas Safety Certificate before we can advertise your property/room.
  • You will be asked to provide the reference number for any HMO (Houses in Multiple Occupation).  Please note there are very stringent rules set by Oxford City Council and you should visit the HMO page on the Oxford City Council website as it has important information for both landlords of shared houses and resident landlords. 
  • It is a legal requirement to provide an Energy Performance Certificate before it is rented (except where a room is being rented within a house)  For further information about this, and how to obtain a certificate, you can visit Oxford City Council’s website
  • We would like to remind all current and prospective landlords that registration with a tenancy deposit scheme is a legal requirement.