Advertising your property

It is the landlords responsibility to make sure that all the certificates mentioned below are up to date in compliance with the law.

We ask that up to date information is given to the office to show that the required checks have been carried out in respect of Gas Appliances and associated equipment and flues. It is a legal requirement that the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 are followed. We insist on seeing a scanned or photocopy of your Landlords Gas Safety Certificate before we can advertise your property/room.

You will be asked to provide the reference number for any HMO (Houses in Multiple Occupation).  Please note there are very stringent rules set by Oxford City Council and you should visit the HMO page on the Oxford City Council website as it has important information for both landlords of shared houses AND resident landlords. 

We would like to remind all current and prospective landlords that registration with a tenancy deposit scheme is a legal requirement, and we will be unable to advertise the property without this information. However, there are some exemptions and you should seek legal advice if you are not sure. If you are a resident landlord (i.e. householder letting a room in your own house) you are exempt. More information about this is available at

Please note that for tenancies commencing on or after 1 October 2008, Energy Performance Certificates will be required for all new tenancies. Oxford City Council has a downloadable .pdf document with information about EPC's and other important information that landlords will find useful. We have links to useful sites and downloads on this page.