Section 10: Information Technology Services
- Office of the Director of IT (ODIT)
- Computing Services (OUCS)
- Business Services and Projects (BSP)
- ICT Support Team (ICTST)
- ICT Forum
Office of the Director of IT (ODIT)
- provides co-ordination for ICT across the collegiate University;
- leads the development and implementation of the ICT Strategic Plan.
The Director is also secretary to the ICT Sub-committee of PRAC (Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council), which
- plans and prioritises funding bids to PRAC;
- oversees the work of OU Computing Services.
Computing Services (OUCS)
- provides IT services and facilities in support of teaching, learning and research across the University;
- provides associated training (see http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/itlp/courses/atoz).
Business Services and Projects (BSP)
- provides central systems and support for the central administration (e.g. Finance, Student Information, Payroll, Personnel), including project management for new developments.
ICT Support Team (ICTST)
- provides a desktop service and support to Central Administration, OU Library Services, and OU Computing Services;
- is developing a new Enhanced Computing Environment (ECE) which will provide a common desktop service to those three units;
- is expected to be asked to develop an extended version of the ECE which can be made available to units across the collegiate University.
- a meeting place for IT support staff from across the University - all members of the IT Support Staff register are automatically members;
- meets termly, normally in 9th week.
- provision and maintenance of telephone systems for colleges and departments on the university network;
- advice and support regarding the planning, purchase and installation of new telephone equipment.
- policies, priorities and service charges overseen by the Telecomms Panel (chaired by Dr Roger Treweek) which includes representatives of colleges and departments.