This guidance for managers covers the ending of employment.
Employment may be ended in a number of ways. The following link you to information and advice on the different procedures which need to be followed.
- Capability including poor performance and ill-health
- essential background
- premature termination of contracts
- normal ending of fixed-term contracts
- Some other substantial reason
- Including flexible retirement
In all cases involving dismissal, or TUPE transfers, advice must be sought from your Sector Personnel Officer.
QRG: EA1 End Appointment(s) - leaving university (243kb)
QRG:EA2 End one of multiple appointments (318kb)