Staff Immigration Team
The University's Staff Immigration Team provides the following immigration services to University departments and colleges:
- Guidance on application requirements and Home Office rules for Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Certificates of Sponsorship under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for leave to remain (from within the UK) under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Worker Authorisation (Purple) Registration Certificates for Croatian nationals
- Briefing Sessions about immigration for Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsored visa holders
- Guidance on Academic, Business and Permitted Paid Engagement visitor rules and restrictions
- Guidance on right to work checks
- Legal referral service for complex immigration matters
- Regular training sessions covering immigration and right to work
Staff Immigration and Right to Work News Bulletin – December 2016
We have issued a SIT news bulletin 15 December 2016 (556kb) which contains news of important changes and some reminders.
The bulletin includes:
- Full details, and the effects, of increases in the Tier 2 minimum salary threshold, mentioned in the previous bulletin.
- News that the podcast of one of the Information sessions for EU/EEA staff held by SIT is now available.
- News that dependants applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain now also have to meet the ‘continuous residence’ requirements.
- News of the extended list of countries whose nationals can now use the Registered Traveller service, which provides faster entry to the UK for frequent travellers.
- An update on the improved casual pay process.
- News that Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme (Tier 4 DES) has now been added as a separate visa category in the CoreHR right to work screen.
Our website and forms have been updated with the latest information.
Places are available on upcoming immigration and right to work training sessions in the new year. Please see our training page for available dates and the booking form.
Staff Immigration Team – Staff news
With Natalie Goldsmith’s departure, Lisa Crook has taken up a new role helping to oversee the activities of the team, assisting with complex enquiries, taking the lead in Tier 1 applications, and delivering training. Solveig Alsaker has joined the team taking up Lisa’s previous role assisting with immigration applications and enquiries. Solveig can be contacted on (2)89912 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you/ members of your department do not currently receive immigration and right to work updates via email from the Staff Immigration Team and would like to please contact email@example.com