Staff Immigration Team
The University's Staff Immigration Team provides the following immigration services to University departments and colleges:
- Guidance on application requirements and Home Office rules for Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Certificates of Sponsorship under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for leave to remain (from within the UK) under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Worker Authorisation (Purple) Registration Certificates for Croatian nationals
- Briefing Sessions about immigration for Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsored migrants
- Guidance on Academic, Business and Permitted Paid Engagement visitor rules and restrictions
- Guidance on right to work checks
- Legal referral service for complex immigration matters
- Regular training sessions covering immigration and right to work
Staff Immigration and Right to Work News Bulletin
We have issued a SIT news bulletin 9 April 2015 (378kb) highlighting important changes and reminders in immigration and right to work policy, including:
- Introduction of the NHS Surcharge payable in advance by the applicant;
- Phased introduction of Biometric Residence Permits for overseas applicants;
- List of Approved English Language Tests reduced and tests must be taken at approved centres;
- Move to online in-country Tier 2 visa applications;
- Increased CoS and visa application fees;
- Closure of the Tier 1 General route;
- The requirement for ATAS clearance, if applicable, for those studying on a Tier 2 / Tier 5 visa.
The Staff Immigration and Right to Work web pages have been updated to reflect these changes.
If your job involves immigration and right to work we recommend you attend our regular training sessions on Tier 2, Tier 5, Right to Work and Visitors. Please see our training pages for further information. There will be training sessions in Michaelmas Term & beyond, which will be announced once the dates are confirmed.