Staff Immigration Team
The University's Staff Immigration Team provides the following immigration services to University departments and colleges:
- Guidance on application requirements and Home Office rules for Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Certificates of Sponsorship under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for leave to remain (from within the UK) under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Worker Authorisation (Purple) Registration Certificates for Croatian nationals
- Briefing Sessions about immigration for Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsored migrants
- Guidance on Academic, Business and Permitted Paid Engagement visitor rules and restrictions
- Guidance on right to work checks
- Legal referral service for complex immigration matters
- Regular training sessions covering immigration and right to work
Staff Immigration and Right to Work News Bulletin – June 2015
We have issued a SIT news bulletin 10 June 2015 (386kb) which contains information about changes to the non EEA Visitor rules and some additional news about immigration and right to work covering:
- Changes in the Visitor rules with effect from 24 April 2015;
- Delays encountered in booking Approved English Language Tests due to demand;
- Police Registration requirement in some cases will now be issued in a letter rather than stated on the BRP;
- Some EEA family member documents will now be issued in the form of a BRP;
- Reminder in relation to certifying maintenance;
- Reminder in relation to reporting changes for sponsored Tier 2 and Tier 5 visa holders;
- Points to remember in relation to Right to Work.
The Staff Immigration and Right to Work web pages have been updated to reflect these changes.
Staff Immigration Team – Summer Staffing
After many years excellent service Angela Dolby is leaving the Staff Immigration Team. David Richardson will be will be taking up her role assisting with immigration applications and enquiries. David can be contacted on 89904 or email@example.com
Dr Suzanne Ii has joined the team temporarily to manage the centralised sponsored migrant data and the administration of the training programme. Enquiries in relation to centralisation and training should be directed to her on 89926 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be grateful if you could assist us through this period of change by submitting CoS applications as early as possible, ideally three months before the start/ expiry date. Please be aware that processing applications may take a little longer during this period of change. Many thanks for your understanding.
If your job involves immigration and right to work we recommend you attend our regular training sessions on Tier 2, Tier 5, Right to Work and Visitors. Please see our training pages for further information. There will be training sessions in Michaelmas Term & beyond, which will be announced once the dates are confirmed.