Staff Immigration Team
The University's Staff Immigration Team provides the following immigration services to University departments and colleges:
- Guidance on application requirements and Home Office rules for Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Certificates of Sponsorship under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for leave to remain (from within the UK) under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Worker Authorisation (Purple) Registration Certificates for Croatian nationals
- Briefing Sessions about immigration for Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsored migrants
- Guidance on Academic, Business and Permitted Paid Engagement visitor rules and restrictions
- Guidance on right to work checks
- Legal referral service for complex immigration matters
- Regular training sessions covering immigration and right to work
Staff Immigration and Right to Work News Bulletin
We have issued a SIT news bulletin (296kb) highlighting important changes and reminders in immigration and right to work policy, including:
- Advertising senior appointments where a case has been approved by SAP for market pay;
- A reduction in the time records have to be kept for sponsored migrants;
- A change to the way evidence of NI numbers can be provided;
- News about how Tier 2 researchers can take on supplementary paid teaching work;
- The introduction of a “genuineness test” for Tier 2 sponsored migrants;
- The new Registered Traveller Scheme for frequent travellers of certain nationalities;
- A small change to the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Scheme;
- An introduction to the University’s Welcome Service for staff relocating from overseas;
- New guidance for TUPE transferees, remote workers and EEA family permit holders;
- Changes to the Home Office’s Employer’s Checking Service;
- A reminder of right to work check requirements for employing Tier 4 students.
The Staff Immigration and Right to Work web pages have been updated to reflect these changes.
We are pleased to announce that David Richardson joined the Staff Immigration Team at the start of January as Staff Immigration Admin Assistant.
If your job involves immigration and right to work we recommend you attend our regular training sessions on Tier 2, Tier 5, Right to Work and Visitors. Please see our training pages for further information. Further Hilary Term dates have been added on March 2 & March 16. There will be training sessions in Trinity Term & beyond, which will be announced once the dates are confirmed.