Staff Immigration Team
The University's Staff Immigration Team provides the following immigration services to University departments and colleges:
- Guidance on application requirements and Home Office rules for Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Certificates of Sponsorship under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for leave to remain (from within the UK) under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Worker Authorisation (Purple) Registration Certificates for Croatian nationals
- Briefing Sessions about immigration for Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsored migrants
- Guidance on Academic, Business and Permitted Paid Engagement visitor rules and restrictions
- Guidance on right to work checks
- Legal referral service for complex immigration matters
- Regular training sessions covering immigration and right to work
We are pleased to announce that Lisa Crook joined the Staff Immigration Team at the end of October as Staff Immigration Assistant. Lisa will be looking after departments within the Medical Sciences and Social Sciences Divisions and colleges beginning Q-W.
Thank you to all those departments and colleges who have submitted data for existing Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsored migrants to be held centrally by the Staff Immigration Team. We are still missing data from some departments and colleges. Those who are yet to submit their data are asked to do so urgently to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your job involves immigration and right to work we recommend you attend our regular training sessions on Tier 2, Tier 5, Right to Work and Visitors. Please see our training pages for further information.