Staff Immigration Team
The University's Staff Immigration Team provides the following immigration services to University departments and colleges:
- Guidance on application requirements and Home Office rules for Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Certificates of Sponsorship under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for leave to remain (from within the UK) under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Worker Authorisation (Purple) Registration Certificates for Croatian nationals
- Briefing Sessions about immigration for Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsored migrants
- Guidance on Academic, Business and Permitted Paid Engagement visitor rules and restrictions
- Guidance on right to work checks
- Legal referral service for complex immigration matters
- Regular training sessions covering immigration and right to work
Staff Immigration and Right to Work News Bulletin – March 2016
We have issued a SIT news bulletin 10 March 2016 (175kb) which contains news of some changes and a few positive updates.
The bulletin includes:
- Details of the SIT Easter closure period
- Information about a template email for requesting leave information for Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsored visa holders;
- A small change to the permitted activities under the Business Visitor route
- A link to a new overseas visitor guide for academics
- Confirmation that the NHS Surcharge now applies to New Zealand and Australian nationals (previously exempt)
- Information about increases in application fees
- A link to a new guide about completing right to work checks in different scenarios
The Staff Immigration and Right to Work web pages have been updated to reflect these changes.
Please remember to download forms from our Forms and guidance notes page, to ensure you are using the current version.
If your job involves immigration and right to work we recommend you attend our regular training sessions on Tier 2, Tier 5, Right to Work and Visitors. Please see our training pages for further information.