Staff Immigration Team
The University's Staff Immigration Team provides the following immigration services to University departments and colleges:
- Guidance on application requirements and Home Office rules for Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Certificates of Sponsorship under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for leave to remain (from within the UK) under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- Process applications for Worker Authorisation (Purple) Registration Certificates for Croatian nationals
- Briefing Sessions about immigration for Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsored migrants
- Guidance on Academic, Business and Permitted Paid Engagement visitor rules and restrictions
- Guidance on right to work checks
- Legal referral service for complex immigration matters
- Regular training sessions covering immigration and right to work
Staff Immigration and Right to Work News Bulletin – May 2016
We have issued a SIT news bulletin 23 May 2016 (353kb) which contains news of changes to the English language requirements and a few reminders.
The bulletin includes:
- Details of new English language requirements for Tier 2
- A reminder about the importance of ensuring Tier 2 applicants take the correct English language test
- A reminder about the timing of sending CoS applications to SIT
- A reminder to send documents securely using 7Zip and to ring SIT if you are not sure of your password
- A reminder to carefully consider how to quote qualifications in job advertisements
- A reminder to contact SIT if any issues arise with the right to work of your employees
Our website has been updated with the latest information.
Places are available on upcoming immigration and right to work training sessions. Please see our training page for available dates and the booking form.