The guidance on this website refers only to UAS staff. For University-wide guidance please see the Personnel Services website.

Payroll administration

Main payroll

Any payroll changes should be communicated to the UAS Payroll (Personnel) Team via your Departmental Contact using the UAS Payroll Change Form to allow the HRIS to be updated and, where necessary, for contractual paperwork to be issued. All payroll should be received by the 1st of the month.


Standard procedures are in place for all support staff working overtime (except those who, in 2006, opted to remain on their existing terms and conditions until August 2010 rather than moving to the new salary structure).

Academic-related staff are not eligible for overtime payments and are expected to work hours such as are reasonably expected to carry out the duties of their post.

Overtime claims for eligible staff should be submitted using the Overtime Claim Form.

Variable hours employees

Variable hours should be submitted using the Variable Hours Claim Form.

Casual payroll

A Casual Worker Payroll Form should be sent directly to the Casual Workers Payroll Team at the below address for processing by the Casual Worker deadline date. Casual workers are paid monthly and in arrears.

Finance Division

23-38 Hythe Bridge Street