Deposit your data
Archiving your data
Following guidance from the OECD, some funders require researchers to deposit all research data resulting from their grants in designated data centres - eg. UK Data Archive (also known as the Economic and Social Data Service - ESDS), and NERC data centres. A big advantage of depositing your data in an archive or repository is that it will be preserved in the long-term. For more information:
- Depositing in the UK Data Archive (for ESRC Grant-holders) - http://www.esds.ac.uk/aandp/create/ukdadeposit.asp
- Natural Environment Research Council Data Centres - http://www.nerc.ac.uk/research/sites/data/
SHERPA, hosted by the University of Nottingham, runs a service called JULIET which lists funders' rules and if they have a requirement for authors to use a particular repository.
University of Oxford data repository
- There is currently no official repository for 'data' at the University of Oxford.
- ORA (the Oxford University Research Archive) will in future have a formal role for the storage of research data via Databank, which is currently in development. Please contact ORA@bodleian.ox.ac.uk for more information.
- If you wish to discuss deposit of data, please contact OUCS - email@example.com.