Why manage your data?
If you are starting a new research project, then you will need to consider issues relating to the management of research data. Many of these issues will be relevant whether or not the research is funded by an external sponsor. By managing your data you will ensure:
- Funding and regulatory body requirements are met
- Research data remains accurate, authentic, reliable and complete.
- Duplication of effort is kept to a minimum
- Research data keeps its integrity and research results may be replicated.
- Data security is enhanced, thus minimising the risk of data loss
Most funders have some form of policy regarding managing research data, although the
extent and detail of these vary greatly. Click here for summary guidance on funder policy from the University of Oxford's main research sponsors.