National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- News and Guidance from Funder
- Guidance from Research Services
- Oxford reference numbers for electronic applications
- Electronic Submission System and Processes
- Background information on the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
News and Guidance from Funder
Below are selected NIH-related items included in recent Research Services News Bulletins, as well as selected guidance documents directly from the funder. This is not a comprehensive listing of NIH news – you can also subscribe directly to NIH news feeds and email alerts on the NIH website.
Guidance from Research Services
|Guidance from Research Services||Last updated|
|Internal approval process and contacts for medical research grant applications (109kb)||Oct-12|
|National Institutes of Health (NIH) (137kb) - summary document containing a breakdown of institutes/centres, grants Oxford is eligible for to apply, agency focus, funding mechanisms, general tips and potential pitfalls. Please also see our US Federal Agencies page.||Mar-12|
|How to use Grants.gov to find funding opportunities (1,530kb)||23-May-12|
|Overview of NIH electronic applications (including how to create an account and important deadline information)||24-Aug-12|
|Costing your NIH application (including Resolve costings) (99kb)||14-Nov-11|
|Managing an NIH award (including NIH Financial Conflict of Interest: Regulation Change)||17-Sep-12|
|NIH Public Access Policy||24-Aug-12|
Oxford reference numbers for electronic applications
The NIH require a variety of different US reference numbers to be entered on the electronic application. The University of Oxford reference numbers are as follows:
- DUNS Number: 226694883
- Entity Identification Number: 1900214891A1
- Animal Welfare Assurance Number: A5061-01
- Human Subject Assurance Number: FWA00003276
- NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) code: 611310 – Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools
- NCAGE (NATO Commercial and Governmental Entity) code: KCX32
- IPF (Institutional Profile Number): 6346001 (relating to Public Health Service Policies on Research Misconduct)
- Date of last ORCA certification: 15 June 2012 (renewed annually)
- Date of last SAM certification (was Central Contractor Registration [CCR]): 21 August 2012 (renewed annually).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries relating to these reference numbers.
For further information on the electronic application process, including important deadline information, please see our Overview of NIH electronic applications.
Electronic Submission System and Processes
|System and Processes|
|Log-in to eRA Commons|
|Overview of NIH electronic applications|
Background information on the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
|NIH Profile||A short profile of the NIH, its grants mechanisms and the focus of its constituent agencies is available on our US Federal Agencies page.|
|Funding Guide||See NIH funding guide|
|NIH funding opportunities||On NIH website
On ResearchProfessional.com. You will need to log in or click on Campus Access to view these.
For detailed information on how NIH allocated funding (by scheme type, institution, success rates, etc.) see the NIH Data Book.
|NIH Research Income at Oxford||2011/12: Oxford received £2.3M (ninth largest overseas research funder of the University)|
|Applications and Award Activity at Oxford||2011/12: 27 applications to the value of £8.7M. 30 new NIH awards were set up to the value of £3.2M, which includes financial amendments (University financial year Aug-Jul)|