Regulations for Committees Reporting Directly to Council or one of its Main Committees
Council Regulations 15 of 2002
Made by Council on 26 June 2002
Part 29: Socially Responsible Investment Review Committee
Made by Council on 19 March 2008
Amended on 15 January 2009, 26 March 2009 (Gazette Vol.139, p. 929), 18 March 2010, 27 October 2011 and 20 December 2013 (Gazette, Vol. 144, p. 170-172, 5 December 2013)
Renumbered on 28 July 2011
29.1. The Socially Responsible Investment Review Committee shall consist of:
(1) a Chairman appointed by Council who is not a member of Council;
(2) the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research) or the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Education) as shall be determined by Council from time to time;
(3) a member of the Committee to Review Donations appointed by Council;
(4)–(6) up to three external persons appointed by Council who shall bring recent and relevant expertise of investment management to the working of the committee;
(7) a member of Congregation elected by Congregation from members of the faculties in the Divisions of Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences and of Medical Sciences;
(8) a member of Congregation elected by Congregation from members of the faculties in the Divisions of Humanities and of Social Sciences;
(9) a student member appointed by the Executive of the Oxford University Student Union from among their own number.
29.2. The committee shall consider representations concerning the Socially Responsible Investment Policy ("the Policy") and proposals related to the implementation of the Policy submitted to it as set out in 29.3(1)-(3) below and make recommendations to Council as appropriate.
29.3. Representations concerning the Policy and proposals related to the implementation of the Policy may be submitted to the committee as follows:
(1) by Council, the Investment Committee or any other committee reporting directly to Council;
(2) by 20 or more members of Congregation;
(3) by a majority resolution of the Council of the Oxford University Student Union.
29.4. The committee shall:
(1) engage from time to time, as required in order to fulfil its remit, with those bodies that have a duty of oversight for the University's investments, which for the avoidance of doubt includes the Investment Committee;
(2) receive the section(s) of the Investment Committee's annual report to Council relating to the Policy.
29.5. The committee shall make a report to Council at least annually on its activities including an assessment of the processes and practices through which the Policy is implemented, and on any other relevant matters, through the General Purposes Committee of Council.
29.6. The committee shall review the Policy, including determinations made by Council under the provisions of the Policy, at least once in every three years and make recommendations to Council as appropriate.
29.7. Regulations 1.6 and 1.7 in Part 1 apply to this committee except that the quorum is one third plus one of those members eligible to vote upon the business of the committee (rounded to the nearest integer).