Regulations for Committees Reporting Directly to Council or one of its Main Committees
Council Regulations 15 of 2002
Made by Council on 26 June 2002
Part 17: Committee for Development and Alumni Relations
Made by Council on 30 July 2009
Amended on 18 February 2010, 6 May 2010 and 8 December 2011
Renumbered on 28 July 2011
17.1. The Committee for Development and Alumni Relations shall consist of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Development and External Affairs), who shall be vice-chairman of the committee;
(3) one of the Proctors and the Assessor as may be agreed between them;
(4) the Chairman of the Conference of Colleges or, subject to the approval of the Council, his or her nominee;
(5) the Vice-Chairman of the Development Council;
(6)–(9) the head (or the nominee of the head) of each of the four divisions;
(10)–(13) four persons appointed by Council, of whom one shall be appointed from among the members of Council specified in section 4 (15)–(25) of Statute VI, one shall be a member of its Planning and Resource Allocation Committee, and two shall be heads of house;
(14) one student member representative appointed by the Executive of the Oxford University Student Union from among their own number.
17.2. The committee may co-opt up to two additional members for such periods as the committee shall deem appropriate.
17.3. The committee shall:
(1) advise Council on strategy and policy relating to development, alumni relations and sponsorship, and the alignment of development and alumni relations priorities with the strategic objectives of the University;
(2) make recommendations to Council (in consultation with the Academic Divisions and the main committees of Council, as appropriate) on the short- and long-term priorities for fundraising and alumni relations;
(3) seek to promote and facilitate fundraising and alumni relations within the collegiate University;
(4) oversee a review and approval procedure for individual sponsorship proposals;
(5) refer cases which in its view raise issues of a reputational, ethical or similar nature to the Committee for the Review of Donations;
(6) monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the University's policies and procedures relating to development, alumni relations and sponsorship, reporting and referring matters to Council as appropriate.