Regulations for Committees Reporting Directly to Council or one of its Main Committees
Council Regulations 15 of 2002
Made by Council on 26 June 2002
Part 22: Information Technology (IT) Committee
Made by Council on 11 October 2007
Amended on 29 May 2008, date of effect 1 October 2008, 15 January 2009 and 19 July 2012
Renumbered on 28 July 2011
22.1. The IT Committee shall consist of:
(1) a Chair, appointed by Council;
(2)–(5) one person appointed by each of the divisional boards;
(6) one person nominated by the ASUC Strategy Group;
(7) the Registrar, or his or her nominee;
(8) one person appointed by the Conference of Colleges;
(9)–(10) two external members, who shall have significant expertise in IT, appointed by Council;
(11) one member of the Council of the Oxford University Student Union elected by that Council;
(12) one of the Proctors or the Assessor, as may be agreed between them.
22.2. The committee may co-opt up to two additional members.
22.3. Members shall be appointed for four years and are eligible for reappointment. Co-opted members shall be appointed for one year but shall be eligible for reappointment.
22.4. The committee shall be responsible for:
(1) all matters relating to the management, including maintenance, of the University's central IT policies, facilities and services;
(2) overseeing all capital projects insofar as they relate to the University's central IT and in accordance with the approvals given by PRAC and Council;
(3) the development and implementation of the University's strategy relating to IT;
(4) overseeing the development of key performance indicators, including the delivery of value for money;
(5) identifying and leading the management of strategic risk in relation to IT;
(6) developing and maintaining policies and regulations regarding the University's IT operations; and
(7) all other IT-related matters of an operational or strategic nature.