Regulations for Committees Reporting Directly to Council or one of its Main Committees
Council Regulations 15 of 2002
Made by Council on 26 June 2002
Part 25: Oxford University Museums Board
Amended on 27 June 2003, 17 November 2005, 4 May 2006, 27 July 2006, 15 January 2009, 18 March 2010, 11 October 2012 and 8 August 2014 (Gazette, Vol. 144, p. 608-611, 24 July 2014)
Renumbered on 28 July 2011
25.1. The Oxford University Museums Board shall consist of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor (in the chair);
(2) the Pro-Vice-Chancellor with responsibility for the Academic Services and University Collections (to deputise in the chair);
(3) one of the Proctors or the Assessor as may be agreed between them;
(4)-(8) the directors of the University museums and of the Botanic Garden;
(9)-(13) the chair of each of the Boards of Visitors of the University museums and of the Botanic Garden or his or her nominee;
(14)-(17) one person appointed by each of the academic divisional boards, normally to be a member of that board;
(18) one person appointed by the Conference of Colleges;
(19) one member of the Council of the Oxford University Student Union chosen by that Council.
25.2. The board may co-opt up to three additional individuals, preferably with significant collections experience.
25.3. Members shall be appointed for four years in the first instance and are eligible for reappointment. Co-opted members shall be appointed for one year and shall be eligible for reappointment.
25.4. The board shall be responsible for the delivery of the University's strategic plan insofar as it refers to museums and the Botanic Garden and for the fulfilment of the University's vision of its museums and the Botanic Garden, including:
(1) oversight of teaching and research;
(2) oversight of collections care, including reviews and inspections;
(3) delivery of shared services;
(4) cross-museum policies;
(5) advocacy on behalf of the University museums and the Botanic Garden, both within and outside the University.