How to apply for a card?
If you are in receipt of a University Pension* you are eligible for a retiree's card. In order to obtain one you must do the following:
- Download and print off the Retiree’s application form from the documents section on this page.
- Decide which card suits you the best – A, B, C D, or E.
- Fill out the form in block letters attaching a recent photograph.
- If you tick box A or B send your completed form direct to:
University Card Office
The Examination Schools
75-81 High Street
Oxford, Oxfordshire OX1 4BG
- If you tick box C or D return the completed form to your College or Department Administrator for authorisation. (They will then forward the form to the University Card Office).
- If you tick box E you will need to return the completed form to your College and then arrange to pick up the form and forward to your Departmental Administrator. (They will then forward the form to the University Card Office).
- Pay your £10 fee by going to the on-line store and choose the ‘Retiree’s Card option’.
Once the Card Office receives your form, verifies your status with Pensions, and matches it up with your payment they will issue the card. Remember, for any replacement card you must repeat the above process.
How to decide which card to apply for?
(A) Choose Retiree Card without affiliations if you want a card to visit the Botanic Gardens, meet your friends at the University Club, swim in the University pool, walk-in access to the Bodleian Libraries, etc. but don’t need an email address. This requires NO college/department authorisation. Card will be sent to you directly.
(B) Choose Retiree Card without affiliations if you want a card to visit the Botanic Gardens, meet your friends at the University Club, swim in the University pool, access the Bodleian Libraries, would like and would use an @retired email address**(which includes 'single sign-on’. The IT Services Help Centre will provide direct support for your email account). This requires NO college/department authorisation. Card will be sent to you directly.
(C) to (E) Choose Retiree Card with college and/or departmental affiliation if your college and/or department would like you to retain a college and/or departmental email address (All of the other benefits are attached to this card as well and it includes full access to the IT Services Help Centre and the Bodleian Libraries). This must be supported by the college and/or department and requires appropriate authorisation. If authorisation is not given you may still apply for Card A or B. In the case of (C) the card will be sent to your college for collection. In the case of (D) or (E) the card will be sent to your department for collection.
* - Includes OSPS, USS, SAUL and NHS Pension Scheme where the person held a university post.
** - email will be removed if not used within 6 months of being set-up, or if inactive for a period of more than 6 months.