Information for Students
- LGBTQsoc The society aims to provide a safe space for all members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer community and is focused on providing welfare and social events. They have an enthusiastic committee working towards making all the events happen and to answer any questions you might have. There are specific reps for bisexuality, graduates, trans as well as male and female welfare, who always welcome any welfare-related or general questions.
- OUSU LGBTQ Campaign The LGBTQ Campaign is the political campaigning arm of Oxford’s queer community. It is supported by OUSU both financially and through the LGBTQ Officer but is free to form its own policy and choose which issues to focus on. Anyone is welcome to join in, or bring new ideas and causes to the table, so get involved! For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The University’s student counselling service is staffed by a range of professionally qualified counsellors, psychologists and psychotherapists and is available to any students who face emotional, psychological or personal challenges that interfere with their having a good experience at Oxford and achieving their personal and academic goals. All staff are used to working with students from diverse backgrounds and the service is committed to meeting each student as an individual who faces his/her unique challenges.
- Rainbow Peers are a group of trained peer supporters who want to offer support to LGBTQ students across all colleges and throughout the wider university. Any peer supporter can refer a student. For more information email: email@example.com
- The University Careers Service is committed to promoting equality of opportunity regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation or disability, and aims to provide resources and services specifically to meet the varying needs of such students. Whatever your background, whatever your aspirations, there are services, resources and schemes available to help you improve your chances in life.
External sources of advice
- Topazis a collection of people who run groups in Oxfordshire with and for young people who would like a safe space to explore their feelings and gain a better understanding of themself. Particularly those young people (13-25) who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender. This group is also for people who are unsure about their sexuality and may be questioning it. Friends of young people are also welcome at their first couple of meetings for support.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TopazOxfordshire
- SAFE! Support for Young People Affected by Crime, a local charity which supports 8 to 25 year olds in Oxfordshire who have been harmed by crime and bullying, and who are finding it hard to recover from their experience.
- Stop Hate UK Stop Hate UK provide Hate Crime reporting services in Oxfordshire.
- Asha Forced Marriage - Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org / tel: 0208 696 0023