Information for University pensioners

Support and welfare

The University is committed to looking after its pensioners, many of whom have completed long service with the organisation.

Pensioners' Welfare Officer

The University demonstrates its continuing concern for the welfare of its pensioners and dependants through the work of the Pensioners' Welfare Officer. Should you wish to discuss any welfare issue, or if you know of somebody else in need or difficulties, please contact Marie, the Pensioners' Welfare Officer. She will arrange home visits where appropriate.

Association of Oxford University Pensioners

The Association of Oxford University Pensioners (AOUP) provides an important role, arranging various social functions, producing a pensioners newsletter twice a year, and providing a network of support among Association members.


The University offers a number of benefits to its pensioners including a retired staff card, which gives access to a wide range of facilities, and the opportunity to apply for membership of the University Club on Mansfield Road and discounted membership of the University Sports Club at Iffley Road.

Enquiries regarding payment of your pension

OSPS Pensioners

If you are receiving your pension through the University payroll, please direct any queries to the following:

  • General queries:
    Pensions Office, tel: (6) 16020
  • OSPS P60 queries:
    Payroll Office, tel: (6) 16121
  • General tax queries:
    HMRC (Tax Office)
    HMRC South Wales Area, Ty Glas, Llanishen, Cardiff CF14 5YF
    Tel: 0845 3000 627
    University ref: 075/FA12903

If you wish to change your address or the bank account into which your pension is paid, please send the details in writing to Mr David James at the Pensions Office, Finance Division, University of Oxford, 6 Worcester Street, Oxford, OX1 2BX

NHSPS and USS Pensioners

If you are an NHS or USS pensioner, please direct any queries to the scheme headquarters.

Taking up paid work after retirement

There are certain conditions you need to be aware of if you are considering taking up paid work after retirement, including ill health retirement.