Self-employed contractors or consultants

This guidance was last updated on

6 September 2011

A self-employed contractor or consultant is someone to whom the University has issued a contract for services and can be identified using the consultancy test.

Contract workers work in the University, but under the supervision and direction of an outside contractor responsible for managing and delivering a service e.g. staff of a company providing out-sourced catering or cleaning services.  They are not University employees.