University Organisation Structure
About the organisational structure
The organisation chart, which describes the academic/management structure of the University, has three main purposes:
- to provide a common framework to underpin our four main data management systems: finance, staff records, student records and the space record system. Ensuring that each system structure maps to this framework (despite necessary differences) makes it possible to compare data from different systems;
- to act as a framework for resource allocation within the University; and
- to provide the basis for the University’s Provider Profile return to HESA.
The latest version of the University’s organisation chart can be downloaded from here: Organisation Structure - August 2016 (oxonly) (128kb)
Updates to the organisational structure
In June/July of each year, divisions are asked to confirm whether the chart is an accurate representation of their division, and whether it will remain the same for the duration of the following academic year. The organisation chart is then updated by the Planning & Resource Allocation Section (PRAS), and made available in August.
Updates outside of the main review are possible but will need to be discussed with PRAS directly (email@example.com) to ensure they do not have a negative impact on the many University systems that use the organisation chart. Amendments will always require the authority of the relevant divisional officers, and, in select cases, may also need the approval of the General Purposes Committee.
- Requests to add a new unit to the organisation chart can be made by completing the create unit request form (Org Structure - Create Unit Request (oxonly) (35kb) )
- Changes to existing units, such as name, or deletion of units, can be made by completing the changes of details or delete form (Org Structure - Change of Unit / Subunit Details (oxonly) (32kb) Org Structure - Change of Unit / Subunit Details (32kb)
All queries and completed requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domain name requests
Requests for a new domain name are first reviewed by IT Services and, where appropriate, are then assessed by PRAS for any impact on the University structure. Requests can be made at any time of the year. If you wish to establish a new domain name (email or web) please email email@example.com